Заказать расчет стоимости медицинского переводаFill out the form and attach the document - and we will inform you the exact cost of the whole work.
Василь Кисиль и партнеры
Советы ЕвропыСоветы Европы
Алексеев Боярчук партнерыАлексеев Боярчук партнеры
Astapov LawyersAstapov Lawyers
Baker TillyBaker Tilly
Красный крестКрасный крест
Министерство доходов и сборовМинистерство доходов и сборов
Министерство инфраструктуры УкраиныМинистерство инфраструктуры
Антимонопольный комитет УкраиныАнтимонопольный комитет Украины
Развитие УкраиныРазвитие Украины
Platinum bankPlatinum bank
Union Standard BankUnion Standard Bank
Ренессанс КредитРенессанс Кредит
OTP LeasingOTP Leasing
Райффайзен Банк АвальРайффайзен Банк Аваль
AEG Power SolutionsAEG Power Solutions
General ElectricGeneral Electric
Reckitt BenckiserReckitt Benckiser
Boehringer IngelheimBoehringer Ingelheim
Мироновский хлебопродуктМироновский хлебопродукт
Звенигородский сырный комбинатЗвенигородский сырный комбинат
Reckitt BenckiserReckitt Benckiser
Who needs medical translation and under what circumstances?
Manufacturers of medicinal products order translation for registration and certification purposes, while pharmaceutical companies and CROs — for conducting clinical trials.
We translate professionally: registration dossiers, materials related to clinical and preclinical studies, bioequivalence reports, pharmacovigilance reports, reports on the outcomes of inspections of manufacturing sites, GMP and CPP certificates, manufacturing licenses, SmPC, PIL, CCDS, PSUR, PBRER, RMP, methods for quality control of medicinal products, certificates of analysis/quality/release, etc.
Manufacturers and importers of medical equipment and medical products order translation for certification purposes.
We translate professionally: instructions and manuals for operation of medical equipment, catalogues, and brochures. We perform DTP of materials containing charts and images with text. This enables us to provide customers with fully translated materials that do not require modifications and that have been formatted properly and are ready for printing at a printing house.
It should be emphasised that our company is not focused on the translation of personal documents of patients, but on cooperation with medical organizations/centres that deal with large volumes of medical materials.
We also translate materials related to other areas: cosmetology, biology, zoology, cytology, genetics, etc.
Why should you choose us?
It is extremely risky to engage non-medical translators for translation of medical texts as the relevant linguists do not have an exhaustive base of relevant expertise.
Therefore, translation company Profpereklad invites you to enjoy the following indisputable ADVANTAGES of our services:
- We will engage only qualified specialists — to work on your project, i.e. verified translators with medical/pharmaceutical education or significant industry experience who are well-versed in all the intricacies of medical translation.
- We understand how important it is to comply with unified medical terminology. Medical abbreviations, highly specialised terms, and well-established phrases are translated in accordance with the client’s glossary or, in the absence of it, according to professional glossaries of a particular area of medicine. In addition, we use advanced IT-solutions, in particular, translation “memory” technology that ensures the unity of terminology.
- The orders are executed on time and in strict compliance with the most insignificant wishes of the client.
- 4. Each medical translation goes through several stages of verification: proofreading by the translator upon completion of the order, then editing and quality control implemented by other specialists — all in accordance with international standard EN 15038. Therefore, semantic inaccuracies of the translation, grammatical, and punctuation errors are excluded. Our competent team will ensure that all necessary information is translated correctly and in full.
In order to understand better how well-coordinated and meticulously we approach our duties, in particular, medical translations, let us provide an EXAMPLE of one of the complex orders that we dealt with.
Thus, we were approached by a client — a Ukrainian pharmaceutical manufacturer of innovative high-tech products.
The essence of the project — translate into English materials related to preclinical and clinical studies totalling 230,000 words (approximately 1000 pages) over 15 business days. In terms of the volume and deadline, Profpereklad was facing a rather difficult translation task.
We approached the task as follows:
- A team was formed to work on the project consisting of 2 project managers, 3 medical translators and 3 medical editors, a proofreader, a software engineer, and 3 DTP specialists.
- Since the source files were of poor quality and in a non-editable format, it was necessary to prepare them for translation. For this purpose, DTP experts were engaged enabling the obtaining of the source materials in editable format resembling the original formatting.
- The main challenge was as follows: when several translators work simultaneously, the translation of the same term by each linguist may be different. Therefore, to ensure consistency of the terminology, all 3 translators worked in SDL Trados Groupshare Server — software that automates the accumulation of terminology within the framework of the project and prevents the risk of inconsistencies.
- Editors with medical education and over 6 years of experience in the pharmaceutical field worked on verifying the completed translation before handing it over to the client.
Outcome: the project was delivered on time and it fully complied with the instructions and wishes of the client in terms of the quality of the translation. Moreover, while working on the translation of the aforementioned project, we accepted another order from this client for translation of a total of 475,000 words (approximately 2,050 pages) from Ukrainian into Russian. The project was also completed on time.
As you know, the devil is in the details and a lot of them are encountered in the translation of pharmaceutical documentation.
Just a few examples from our editor are provided below.
Unfortunately, some common errors can lead to serious consequences that may endanger the life and health of patients. Therefore, we insist that translations in the field of medicine and pharmaceuticals must be carried out exclusively by medical translators and each translation must be verified by a medical editor.
|Medical term||Incorrect translation||Correct translation||Comments|
|diabetes||диабет||сахарный диабет||Generally accepted term|
|blood pressure||кровяное давление||артериальное давление||Generally accepted term|
|exclusion criteria||критерии исключения||критерии невключения||These are the criteria that prevent inclusion of a patient into a clinical trial during the enrolment stage, and the use of the term “критерии исключения” presupposes that a patient is recruited to participate in the study and subsequently can be excluded based on the specified criteria.|
|glucose tolerance||переносимость глюкозы||толерантность к глюкозе||Glucose is not foreign to the body. Any organism “tolerates” glucose by default because it is essential for sustaining life. The term refers to how well the tissues of the body respond to the dynamic changes of blood glucose levels, i.e. how glucose tolerant they are.|
|5 µg/daily||5 мг/сутки||5 мкг/сутки||Translators often unintentionally make a typo in the dosage designation, which can harm a patient and even cost the patient his/her life. Translation quality control is implemented to avoid such errors.|
|women who are permanently sterilized||женщины, которые постоянно стерилизуются||стерилизованные женщины||Sterilisation is implemented once rather than continuously.|
Comments and recommendations from our customers, including the leading Ukrainian exporters of medicinal products as well as international companies, including those from the global TOP-10 of the pharmaceutical industry, can serve as confirmation of our professionalism and reliability in the field of medical, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment translation.
We offer our regular customers not only professional translation services, but also additional services related to terminology management, exact DTP as per the original, as well as certification services for translations and provision of translation certificates.
- Highly specialized translators, editors
Legal translations >
Financial translations >
Medical translations >
- Certified translators
- Excellent recommendations from clients
Why We Are Really the BestIn 7 years of operating we were able to adjust and fine-tune the process in a way that allows us to offer our clients excellent quality, low prices and short delays. There is no reason to look any further for a translation.
Payment MethodsYou can make payments for the services of Proftranslation language service provider either by cashless method (with or without VAT) or in cash as well as online with credit card on our website. You can get more information about payment methods and terms by contacting our managers.
Business invoice with VAT
An invoice will be provided for payment as well as a certificate of completion and a tax invoice.
Cashless without VAT
Pay by bank transfer to our account
Visa or MasterCard
at our office
Payment through PrivatBank and Privat24
Long-term CollaborationOrder a FREE test translation with us. Once you are convinced of the high quality and convenience of working with us, we will make you an attractive offer and offer to conclude a contract at special prices. At Proftranslation, our quality control department that processes our clients’ complaints and wishes. That is why you can be confident that you will not be left to deal with a problem on your own. We have great interest in that our collaboration becomes a long-term and beneficial relationship.
Order translation serviceFill out the form and attach the document. We will send you the exact quote for the job.
Subscribe to Newsletter